- About ASF
- What is Autism?
- What We Fund
- Autism Science
- Autism Research Strategic Plan
- Research by Topic
- Research by Year
- Interviews with Scientists
- Science Journals
- Autism In The News
- Recommended Reading
- Participate in Research
- NIH ACE Grants
- NIMH Resources
- Autism Research Glossary
- Media Center
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Fragile X Clinical Trials
Jan 1 2013
Jan 1 2014
Location:Institute for Basic Research/ The Seaver Autism Center
New York Fragile X Clinical Trials Accepting Participants
(The following are four separate trials):
Trials at IBR (Institute for Basic Research) on Staten Island
IBR on Staten Island is now screening adolescents as well as adults for a trial of AFQ056 from Novartis. Males aged 12-45 who have Fragile X may be eligible. This trial runs for 4 months and offers an extension phase in which participants can take the drug free of charge.
- IBR is also running a trial of arbaclofen from Seaside Therapeutics for boys and girls ages 5-11 who have Fragile X; this trial includes an extension phase as well. Seaside has completed enrollment for their trials of arbaclofen for ages 12-50.
Principal Investigator Dr. Angelo Porto at IBR
Angelo.Porto@opwdd.ny.gov or 718-494-8028
Trials at the Seaver Autism Center at Mt. Sinai Medical Center
- The Seaver Autism Center at Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Manhattan is offering the arbaclofen trial for ages 5-11 with the extension phase.
- Mt. Sinai is recruiting men and women ages 16-50 with Fragile X for a large-scale trial Roche's experimental new drug code-named R04917523.
Clinical Research Coordinator Lauren Bush
email@example.com or 212-241-2826
For more information: