- About ASF
- What is Autism?
- How Common is Autism?
- Signs and Symptoms of Autism
- Autism Diagnosis
- Following a Diagnosis
- Treatment Options
- Beware of Non-Evidence-Based Treatments
- Statement on Use of Medical Marijuana for People with Autism
- Autism and Vaccines
- Autism Science
- Quick Facts About Autism
- What We Fund
- Apply for a Fellowship
- Apply for a Research Accelerator Grant
- Apply for an Undergraduate Summer Research Grant
- Funding Calendar
- ASF Funded Research
- Where Are They Now?
- ASF Supported Findings
- Autism Sisters Project
- Baby Siblings Research Consortium
- Get Involved
- ASF Resources – Autism and COVID-19
- ASF Resources – Science and Research During the COVID-19 Emergency
- Resources for Grantees
- Resources for Families
- Day of Learning
- Year End Summaries
- Contact Us
Donor Privacy and Bill of Rights
Autism Science Foundation (ASF) maintains the highest level of respect for the privacy of its donors. We use personal information collected from donors for the purposes of processing payments and communicating with donors about ASF as well as conducting the fundraising and other operations of ASF.
This information may include name, amount donated, address, telephone number, donor comments, e-mail address, and any other personal information provided to us. For donations by check, this information also includes the data visible on the check.
Your donor information may be used for the following purposes:
- Distributing receipts and thanking donors for donations
- Informing donors about upcoming fundraising and other activities of ASF
- Internal analysis, such as research and analytics
- Record keeping
- Reporting to applicable government agencies as required by law
- Surveys, metrics, and other analytical purposes
- Other purposes related to the fundraising operations
Unless otherwise stated, we do not publish, sell, trade, rent or exchange donor data. Comments that are provided by donors may be publicly published and may be used in promotional materials. Anonymized donor information will not be used for promotional and fundraising activities.
We limit access to financial information to professional staff who need to process that information for the purposes described above. Personal financial information is not sold to or traded with other parties.
We use partners to provide online payment processing services. The privacy policies of these organizations will be presented to you on their respective websites and typically also as part of your donation process. If you pay by credit card, we do not store your credit card information, bank account numbers, or other financial account data sent directly to those processing services.
We are committed to protecting donor personal information and undertake security practices, including measures to secure web access to sensitive data and undertake efforts to address security vulnerabilities for various tools and databases. Our donation form uses SSL encription technology to protect the transfer of your personal data.
Please contact us if you want to update, correct or remove your information from ASF’s donor database:
Autism Science Foundation
106 West 32nd Street, Suite #182
New York, NY 10001
We may disclose information when required by law, when needed to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, donors, or users, and when necessary to enforce our terms of service.