Feds Clarify How To Apply For Autism Tracking Devices

Published February 6, 2014 in Disability Scoop

A week after announcing that the federal government will pay for tracking devices for kids with autism, officials are offering more details about how families can access the technology. All applications must go through law enforcement agencies, so organizations and schools should work with local police to put programs in place. Police departments that receive money through the federal Byrne grant will be responsible for designing and administering their local program and determining how tracking devices are distributed.


Filed under: , ,